FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What types of services do you offer?
We offer a variety of services, including full-service residential and commercial moving (packing, prepping, disassembly and reassembly of furniture, etc.), simple in-house moves, haul-away and disposal of old unwanted furniture and appliances, and POD and storage unit packing.
How far in advance do I need to schedule my move?
We recommend scheduling your move as far in advance as you can. In the spring and summer months we typically fill our schedule up 2-3 weeks in advance. During the winter and fall we typically require less notice and have more flexibility. Smaller or partial moves can often be worked into the schedule with less notice, while full house moves require more advanced scheduling. Weekends are usually more desirable and Fridays and Saturdays are usually the first to fill up. If you’re unable to give us much notice, please call and we will do our best to accommodate your move!
Do you work in all weather conditions?
We will work in most weather conditions, with the exception of severe storms or conditions that may jeopardize our movers’ safety. We will work in snow and light to moderate rainfall; with heavy rain, we often stop the clock temporarily until the cell passes or the rain slows down. Customers will be notified of any potential weather delays with as much notice as possible. If you would like to change your move date due to weather, please give us a call with as much notice as possible and we can work with you to reschedule.
What types of trucks do you use?
We use 24’ or 26’ box trucks for most jobs. For smaller or custom jobs, we may use other vehicles, such as our dump trucks for old furniture and appliance disposal or trailers for vehicle hauling. We will bring multiple trucks for larger moves if necessary, which may constitute an additional charge.
How do you charge for your services?
We charge hourly based on the number of movers and trucks needed for your move. Our local residential moving rate during peak season for a two-man crew is $112 per hour M-TH, $120 per hour on Fridays and $130 per hour on Saturdays; this is an all-inclusive rate… no hidden fees or additional charges for truck, fuel, mileage, insurance, basic materials and equipment used, etc. Our local, weekday commercial moving rate is $125 per hour for two movers, and $130 per hour on Saturdays. Packing rates can vary depending on the workload and type of items being packed, but typically range from $65-$75 per man per hour. For non-local moves (typically 35 miles or further from Perrysburg), we will implement a fuel surcharge based on total miles traveled. For local moves, the clock starts when we leave our shop and ends when we return to the shop, which is near Levis Commons in Perrysburg. We may implement a surcharge for any extremely heavy or unusual items, including pianos, safes, larger exercise equipment, etc., but any additional charges will be discussed and clearly stated in the estimate prior to the move. No surprise charges from us!
For moves in which you are already packed, there is no charge for basic materials used during the move (tape, furniture blankets, shrink wrap, etc.). If we are packing up your home, you will only be charged for actual boxes and materials used. If you choose to order supplies from us to pack your own home, we offer free delivery of supplies within Perrysburg. Please visit the Packing Supplies page our website for pricing information.
How do I pay you?
Payment is due in full upon completion of our work. We do not require a deposit for local moves. We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards. We will finalize the bill after the final walk-through and once everything is completed to your satisfaction.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
We understand that plans change and things come up – especially when it comes to buying and selling a home – and we’re happy to work with you to accommodate any unforeseen changes relating to your move. We ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible when cancelling or rescheduling a move, with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice. Any last-minute changes within 48 hours may constitute a cancellation fee. Unfortunately, last-minute cancellations leave us with large blocks of time during which we’re not able to schedule another move, which causes a significant financial impact to the company.
What kind of preparation should we do prior to the move?
Your amount of pre-move preparation completely depends on your time and availability, and we’re more than happy to do all the prep work for you. However, the more prep work you do, the quicker we can complete the move and keep the bill as low as possible. Some common examples of pre-move preparations include:
- Furniture Disassembly: We typically disassemble and reassemble all furniture and can handle most common items rather quickly. We come prepared with all the tools and knowledge necessary to properly complete this. Some items that typically require more time to disassemble include exercise equipment, trundle and custom beds with built-in drawers, saunas, etc. Some customers choose to disassemble some or all items prior to our arrival in order to save time, but we come prepared to every move to disassemble anything necessary.
- Appliance Disconnections: We ask that you disconnect all gas and water lines prior to our arrival, due to liability regulations with insurance.
- Artwork, Mirrors and TVs: We ask that you remove all artwork, mirrors and TVs from the walls prior to our arrival. We will prep them to protect them for the move.
- Emptying Drawers: All clothing can typically remain in dresser drawers, but we ask that all other items be removed and boxed (especially anything breakable). If you have a special circumstance/request or are unsure whether something needs to be removed, we can discuss prior to the move. This is usually not to make our jobs easier or to lighten the load, but rather to protect your items. Furniture is often carried at an angle and can be stacked on the truck in any position, creating the opportunity for items to shift within the drawers or even slide out the back of a drawer. Something as small as a paper clip can get between the furniture blanket and the item and damage a wood finish during transit. For smaller file cabinets, files can remain in the drawers. Larger file cabinets may need to be emptied, depending on weight and whether stairs are involved.
- Packing of Smaller, Loose Items: The fewer stray, loose items we carry, the quicker the move will go. These items often add much more time to the move than the larger furniture will. We typically have extra boxes on the truck if you need to consolidate loose items into larger boxes, such as electronics, smaller decorations, smaller artwork and framed photos, etc. We recommend that any bedding and pillows be put into boxes or large garbage bags. Hanging clothing should either be placed into wardrobe boxes or covered in bags/covers/plastic prior to us carrying them to the truck, unless you are moving it on your own.
Do you offer moving supplies?
We offer a variety of moving supplies. Please visit our Packing Supplies page at http://www.perrysburgmovingandhauling.com/packing-supplies.html for information and pricing. Supplies are available for pickup or delivery with 3-4 days’ notice, and delivery within Perrysburg is free!
Are you licensed and insured?
Yes, we are. We abide by all Ohio laws and regulations and are completely compliant with all licensing requirements. We are fully licensed by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) to operate intrastate and interstate household goods moves for both residential and commercial customers.
Our license numbers are below for your reference:
- USDOT: 02860641
- PUCO CPCN: 00602405
- MC: 026853
For more information or questions regarding the status of our licensing and insurance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I tip my movers?
If you feel like we did an exceptional job, feel free to tip your movers directly or you can add a tip to your total if paying with a check or credit card. However, a tip is not required.
How does your insurance work if something is damaged?
We do our best to avoid damages while your items are in our care. All Ohio moving companies are required by law to allow customers to choose how they would like to be reimbursed in case of accidental damages. For every job, we carry $1,000,000 in liability insurance per occurrence, and $2,000,000 in total coverage. Also included with our standard hourly rate is up to $50,000 of coverage for household possessions during transit in our box truck. We also offer the following coverage options for your possessions during the handling of them.
- Minimal Reimbursement Coverage: This is the standard coverage that is required by the State of Ohio and is included in the hourly rate with all of our moving services. This option includes coverage of up to 60 cents per pound for any damage that occurs during the moving process.
- Full Value Replacement Coverage: This option is available to anyone who wants to make sure that they are fully covered in the event of unforeseen damages. This is billed out at a rate of 1% of the declared value of our items, with a minimum rate of $6 per pound. With this coverage, the declared value (or a minimum of $6/lb x weight) of the load is used to calculate the charges.
- Items of Extraordinary Value: Any highly valuable items are considered to be worth over $100/lb and need to be declared separately regardless of the cargo coverage elected. This is another mandated rule for moving companies in Ohio.
All coverage options are controlled by state and federal agencies that govern household goods moving companies. Any licensed mover must offer reimbursement coverage prior to starting your job. We pride ourselves on handling your possessions with extreme care in order to prevent any damage to your goods or home; however, in the instance something is damaged, we are more than happy to work with you to get it resolved.